Feb 25, 2010

Steamed Chicken with tangy Spinach and Mushroom sauce



I feel like ranting and raving to everybody I meet that I have started blogging AGAIN finally!I feel elated, on top of the world today while I am typing my post.Taking care of 3 kids(hubby taken into consideration) is not an easy task but then taking some time out for yourself is everybody's birthright.Though I am not able to read or watch my favourite programs but then I am sure blogging is surely going to give me immense satisfaction at the end of the day.
Today's recipe is steamed chicken with a thick tangy spinach and mushroom sauce.A very healthy dish.Those who cannot have steamed chicken can shallow fry the marinated chicken breast with a little olive oil.The tomatoes impart a tangy flavour and a rich red colour to the sauce.The recipe provided here serves 2 persons.

You will Need:
For the Sauce:
Chicken Breast- 2 Pcs
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Spinach - 1 and 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Mushrooms(button)-6-7 medium sized,sliced
Tomatoes -2 medium sized
Garlic - 5-6 flakes
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste

Marinade:
Salt and pepper to taste
lemon juice -1 tbsp
Oregano - 1/2 tsp

Method:
  1. Marinate the chicken breasts with salt ,pepper,oregano and lemon juice for an hour .
  2. Steam the pieces in a steamer for 25- 30 minutes.
  3. For the sauce heat some olive oil in a pan, saute the sliced mushrooms .Stir fry till golden.Transfer to a plate.
  4. Heat the rest of the oil in the pan,add garlic,fry till light brown.
  5. Add the chopped onion,fry till they turn translucent.
  6. Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
  7. Now its the turn of chopped green spinach,cook the spinach till a little dry,the water from the spinach imparts a saucy texture.
  8. Finally add the sauteed mushrooms with the seasonings.
Check the seasonings and serve the sauce with the steamed chicken or pour generously over it.The recipe is a hit in my household .I normally serve it with garlic bread and some steamed veggies.

11 comments:

  1. Steamed chicken looks delicious,looks soft and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowo the whicken looks so so delcious. I want to eat them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx notyet100,asha and finla!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the steamed one pair well with tangy curry! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saswati,

    eshe eto delicious and healthy recipe post korecho,lovely ..looks so delicious.
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saswati, good to see you back! Your daughter's v cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello... Am glad you are back and with a nice post. And I envy you for moving back to Goa...Am hoping I'll move back to goa too but to Panjim :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Saswati this dish has wonderrful ingredients havent had anything with this combo... Loved the color and its temtping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - so glad to find you! Lovely blog...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS

Related Posts with Thumbnails